Business environment in the Philippines worsened as it climbed seven notches to 30th out of 77 jurisdictions in the 2022 edition of the Global Business Complexity Index. Produced by the multinational professional services ﬁrm TMF Group, the index ranked jurisdictions around the globe based on the complexity of their business environments, covering three areas: accounting and tax; global entity management; and payroll and human resources. The higher the rank, the more complex its business environment. Among the 14 jurisdictions in the Asia-Paciﬁc, the Philippines had the sixth most complex business environment with a “medium” complexity rating. It is likely to become more appealing to operate in and likely to introduce greater laws and regulations relating to economic substance requirements, the report said.
- P&O Ferries owner reports record-breaking profits after mass sacking
- Apple security flaw ‘actively exploited’ by hackers to fully control devices
- Angling Direct’s sales dry up amid falling water levels after ‘too hot to fish’ summer
- Consumer confidence hits new low
- Globe bags UN SDG Award for ‘People’ in 1st SDG Awards in the Philippines
- Covid infections study increases calls for masks
You May Also Like
YORDENIS Ugas celebrates with his team after defeating Manny Pacquiao in a world welterweight championship bout at T-Mobile Arena. — REUTERS By Michael Angelo...
CSC.GOV.PH The Office of the Ombudsman is open to revising a circular that restricts public access to the net worth statements of government officials,...
2021 has been a year of changes for Bea Alonzo, and it has also been a year of growth. People not only saw her...